Sunday, February 18, 2007

"Maiden" Voyage

I'm popping my blog's cherry. We've fooled around a few times, there's been some heavy posting, but we've never gone all the way. So, I'm finally going to do "it". Rest assured we're doing "it" with protection, I'm using spell check, I'd hate to end up with any accidents. I feel that post-life begins from the moment the curser touches the 'publish' button and the postling joins with the web and creates a blog. So no post-deletion for me.

Alright, I'll stop with the sex metaphors for my blog... for now... but I reserve my right to metaphor-production freedom, to resume my metaphoric activities at anytime. Look, I'm metaphoring right now, and I'm using both hands!

Okay, I swear I'm done this time.

Welcome to "Blogging With Balls"; a radically left wing feminist blog. Knowing where to start with this blog is rather difficult. I will admit that this is a very daunting task; how can I possibly ever right enough to do the broad-stroke idea of feminism any kind of justice? I can rant for pages on end, but how do I make this in any way meaningful? This blog is being started as a Senior Practicum for my Women's Studies minor, so not only does this blog need to be meaningful in a large sense of actually being more that a public stroking of me ego, it needs to actually, y'know, have a point.

I have, indeed, done a lot of 'heavy posting' for this blog. I've written half a dozen 'first posts' of varying length and subject, and not 'gone all the way', with any of them. At best they get 'save as draft'ed. Most of the time, I just delete. I just want my first post to be "special". You can see why the situation lends itself to my sex-metaphor. I've decided, though, that there is only one way to deflower my blog, though, and as you can see... it's messy, short, and probably unsatisfying. The pressure's off though, because there can only be one 'first post' and once it's done, with any luck, and some practice, my skill and blog-prowess will increase, and hopefully future postings will be satisfying for all parties involved.

2 comments:

E. Curtis said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, http://ablogwithoutabicycle.blogspot.com. Your blog looks great - and your first post was certainly a good send off for this, er, maiden voyage. Send me an email at ablogwithoutabicycle(at)gmail(dot)com if you are interested in participating in an interview as a part of my project. I'd really like to learn more about your work!

وليد العروي said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة النمل الأبيض بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
شركة مكافحة البق بالخبر
شركة مكافحة البق بالقطيف