Friday, April 13, 2007

I Stand

Just some feminist poetry for a little spice:

I Stand:

I stand, my legs below me strong and lithe like well-shaped branches of a willow tree. My bare feet and toes twine in the grass like roots.

I stand, like so many women before me, at the edge of the world, where grass

meets sand

meets rock

meets water, the sky the connection between.

I have pushed myself, driven myself ever onward, ever forward, striving to break a new path. And for all this, I find myself back where I started, here at the beginning,

the end,

of all that I am, all that I have been, and all that I soon will be. I know now that life is a circle. To move forward is still moving back towards the beginning. I’ve completed this circle, and now it is time for this circle to complete me. I return to the womb of the sea that cradles my past and will soon birth my future.

I stand back at the beginning to relearn what I have forgotten.

No comments: