Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blogging With Balls Might Need to Wear a Cup

I am currently taking 'World Regional Geography'. Overall, It's a great course, the Prof really knows his stuff, and gives a lot of background information on the regions. The general idea being that geography is hella more than a place on the map. I was being a good student (for once) and was reading my text book for the class, and came across an interesting factoid I didn't know.

Apparently, Saudi Arabia doesn't attend UN meetings on issues of human rights. I know, this isn't terribly shocking. The reason for this "protest" though, is: It is their (Saudi Arabian Men) God-given right to discriminate against women.

I know there are religious zealots all over the world, but I can honestly say this is the first time I've actually heard someone have the balls to come right out and say 'God says men are better'. Needless to say, I have a bit to say about this particular 'God-given right'.

Alright, fine, Saudi Muslims have a 'God-given' right to discriminate against women. I'll accept that. However, in return, I demand that the Saudi Government recognize a "Divine" right I, as a woman, have been given.

I demand that Saudi men recognize my Goddess-given right to kick men in the testicles.

As a generic pantheonic spiritual deist, the female aspect of the Divine Entity has imbued on me the right of testicle kicking. She has relayed this information to me via one of her messengers the Holy Deer of Artemis. The Deer of Artemis told me that as a woman serving Artemis as a Holy Virgin I have the right to take vengeance on men as a gender, due to their violent, hateful ways and moral inferiority.

Oh, additionally, my status as a prophet trumps Mohamed, Jesus and Moses, and any other prior prophets. Why? Because the Goddess told me so.

I am currently carrying out this prophetic mission, walking around campus kicking men in the nuts. Thank Artemis I live in an all female dorm-wing, or I'd never rest. The next step in my campaign to convert the world to generic pantheonic spiritual deism is to attend the UN.

I have to admit, my spiritual mission is not purely duty, I am sure I am not alone in saying I will enjoy kneeing a few select world leaders in their reproductive organs.

I wonder how the Saudi reps. will feel when I kick them in the nuts and tell them it is my Goddess-given right to do so? Unfortunately, I doubt it will get them to reconsider their 'God-give right' to oppress women. After all, their prophet trumps all prior prophets... I mean, who can argue with that?

((As a side note, this isn't a dis on Islam... just the Saudi UN reps. Trust me there are misogynist bastards in all faiths))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

being an african american male... I totally empathize and relate to the struggle of women world wide. Men in power all over the world oppress many factions of people; however to discriminate based on ones religious faith is not only backwards it calls for drastic measures like you suggest. I too did not realize that UN Saudi Reps could do this, but they are not too far off from many of the members of European and American government rulers.

I would be more than happy to hold them and recruit others to restrain them while you and all the other women ordained by Artemis to kick their balls beyond repair or at least until they learn to respect women. I like your analogy and your politics ... wanna be my body guard LOL.